- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375degrees F.
- Grease the cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and the sugar until well-blended and smooth.
- Beat the eggs. One egg at a time.
- Stir in a cornstarch, cream of tartar and baking powder until well-blended.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes until the puto seco becomes lights brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.