- 1 whole Swift Sariwanok Chicken (about 1.2 k.)
- 1-½ kls. rock salt black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ bundle of tanglad leaves (lemongrass)
- Piece of banana leaf
- In a large, thoroughly cleaned clay pot (palayok), pour rock salt into the bottom and line with a piece of clean banana leaf; set aside.
- Thoroughly clean Swift Sariwanok Chicken inside and out.
- Let drain, then rub chicken inside and out with pepper and a little salt.
- Stuff chicken cavity with the lemongrass (tanglad) leaves.
- Arrange chicken in a sitting position, with the opening facing down so that heat from salt will penetrate inside the cavity.
- Cover tightly and cook over slow fire for 2 to 2-½ hours or until chicken is tender.