- 2 cups peanuts, roasted and unsalted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a saucepan, melt sugar until it turns brown. Do not stir. Continue to cook until theliquid thickens.
- Add the water. Simmer until the liquid thickens (it should from a string when lifted with a spoon).
- Add butter and stir continuously utnil the butter melts. Pour in peanuts and continue stirring. Make sure the peanuts are completely coated with the liquid.
- Brush butter on a small square pan. Pour the peanut mixture on the pan. Set aside for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture hardens.
- Break the peanut brittle into secdtions. Wrap in cellophane or put in airtight containers.