ukoy made from grated green papaya and traditional fresh small shrimp.
- 2 cup all purpose-flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cup green papaya, grated
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 200 g small fresh shrimps, cleaned ( for vegans: subtitute with vegemeat or tofu )
- 1 cup oil for frying
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and water together to make a smooth batter.
- Add grated papaya and onion. Place 2-3 tablespoons of mixture in a
saucer to form patties and press 2-3 shrimps on top.
- In a large pan or wok, heat cooking oil. Deep fry the patties until golden brown and crispy. Drain in absorbent paper towels.
- Serve hot with vinegar and garlic sauce.