Kuchinta is another delicious steamed cake made of rice flour, sugar and water. The ingredients may sound so simple yet tastes excellent especially when topped with shredded coconut.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lye solution
- Combine sugar, lye and water and bring to a boil.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add to rice flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour unto cuchinta molds and stream for 15 minutes.
- Serve with grated coconut.
For Homemade Lye:
- Burn wood till all turns unto ash.
- Sift and save fine dust.
- Place in a bottle till needed. When needed, boil enough with equal part of water.
- Strain in double thickness cloth and save water. Use water as lye.