- 1 kg. pork liempo (pork belly)
- 4 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. fine salt
- 1 tsp. prague powder (salitre)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup beer
- Peel off skin from the liempo. Wash and thoroughly drain and wipe. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar, salt and salitre; wipe this mixture thoroughly all over the surface of the liempo.
- Prick the liempo with a sharp pointed knife to allow curing mixture to penetrate the meat.
- Let stand at room temperature for one day; then refrigerate for at least three days.
- Before cooking, wash the liempo very well.
- Cook in mixture of pineapple juice, sugar and beer. Simmer till sauce thickens and meat is tender.