- 1 whole chicken (cut into eighths)
- 1 whole garlic (chopped)
- olive oil or vegetable/corn oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 whole black pepper cloves
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- **1 whole lemon (cut into 4)
- Remember to wash your chicken very well. We recommend using the lemon (in ingredients) to scrub all over the chicken parts and rub some salt into it as well.
- Heat oil and add all of the garlic, and cook until garlic is lightly browned. Add chicken and saute until the chicken is beginning to tenderize.
- Add ground black pepper, whole black pepper cloves, soy sauce, and vinegar, and let simmer for 25-35 mins or until chicken is done.
- Make sure to add more vinegar or soy sauce until it suits your taste (should be a bit tangy). When chicken is tender, add some 7 up if you want a sweeter taste, and let simmer for 5 more mins.
- Serve over rice.