- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup CARNATION Evap
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cassava (balinghoy), grated
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Pulot at Latik (Coconut Syrup)
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (1st extract)
- 1 cup thin coconut milk (2nd extract)
- 1 piece sinaklob (panutsa), cut up
- For coconut syrup, cook thick coconut milk over medium heat. Stir constantly until oil comes out and “latik”or coconut residue forms. Cool until “latik”turns brown. Set aside.
- Cook thin coconut milk and bring to boil. Add one panutsa. Stir continuously until thick then add the “latik”. Set aside.
- For pancakes, beat egg and stir in CARNATION Evap and sugar. Blend well. Add cassava and pour melted butter or margarine. Cook batter in a griddle using 1/3 cup batter per pancake. Serve with “Pulot at Latik”.